- 8 min ago Wife or Party? Shatrughan Sinha's dilemma in Lucknow
- 25 min ago ‘Tortured in jail for confession’: Sadhvi Pragya breaks down while narrating her ordeal
- 52 min ago Biopic joke, make comedy film on him: Urmila Matondkar attacks PM Modi
- 1 hr ago No Pak soldier or citizen died in Balakot air strike: Sushma Swaraj
- Sports Pooja Rani assured of a medal as India get six first-round byes at Asian Boxing Championships
- Movies Not A Fan Of Game Of Thrones? Here Are 6 Thriller Shows To Binge For This Long Weekend!
- Automobiles This Tank Track Roxor Is So Cool That Even Anand Mahindra Is Talking About It
- Finance Reliance Industries Q4 2019 Profits Surges Up; Beats Analyst’s Expectations
- Technology Here's how to play PUBG Mobile on PC
- Lifestyle A Cancerous Tumour Engulfed His Back And Almost Killed Him
- Travel Let Us Take A Ride To Rourkela: The Commercial Capital Of Odisha
- Education 2nd PUC Supplementary Exam Time Table 2019 Released
Success Story Of Baby Vaishnavi
Vaishnavi received her surgery on time with your support!
Vaishnavi was born with a heart disease. To save her, an open heart surgery needed to be conducted. Here is where Oneindia stepped in and through crowdfunding raised Rs. 4,28,950 for the surgery.
"A heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped saving my daughter. We had started to lose hope but you stepped up and saved the day. We will always keep you in our prayers." - Karthikeyan (the father)
"Vaishnavi is a miracle child. We had her after 5 years of prayers and longing. Everyone around us would ask us to do certain rituals or eat certain foods for me to be blessed with a baby. Some even tormented us with constant jabs at our supposed infertility. But then my little girl was born, and these bitter things faded into the background."
Their happiness was replaced by sheer terror when 2 days after she was born, Vaishnavi started experiencing breathing problems. The local doctor shrugged it off as jaundice, but the thought of losing their precious baby made them go an extra mile. They travelled from Chennai to Pondicherry where their little girl was immediately diagnosed with a heart disease. Thankfully, they had reached there on time and an open heart surgery could still save Vaishnavi.
By this time, the family had already borrowed Rs. 1 Lakh to be paid back with interest for the baby's ongoing tests and treatments. The father had a monthly income of Rs. 6000 - 8000 that he earned by working odd jobs. But none of it was anywhere close to the Rs. 5 Lakhs that they needed for the surgery.
Seeing their earnestness towards trying everything possible, Apollo Hospital connected them to Impact Guru, a crowdfunding platform in India. The hopeful couple started a fundraiser on 21st April, 2018 and prayed for a miracle.
And you made the miracle happen! Your contributions helped them raise Rs. 4,28,950!
The amount of love and support they received was overwhelming! Vaishnavi received her open heart surgery on May 13, 2018 and was discharged healthily the next month on the 15th of June.