SC order on ban on sale of firecrackers draws mixed reactions
The Supreme Court on Monday said its order of November 2016 banning the sale of firecrackers in Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR) will continue till October 31.
It means all temporary licenses to sell firecrackers stand cancelled till October 31. Lawyer Haripriya Padmanabhan said "No sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR from today."
However, "People who had already purchased crackers will be able to burst them, hopefully, they won't do that," said the lawyer.
Since the order continues till October 31at, sales can resume from 1st November.
"Court to take a further decision, taking into account impact on air quality during this period," said advocate Pooja Dhar.
Expectedly, firecrackers retailer is unhappy over the SC decision.
Sunil, firecrackers retailerS, said: "SC order is wrong and baseless."
He asked, "Why have we issued licenses in the first place then when they had to do this?".
He deplored the SC decision as it meant financial loss for him.
"I have already purchased stock, where will I sell it now?, How will I bear this burden on me?," said Sunil Kumar.