• search
For Pune Updates
Allow Notification  

Pune: Couple dies after pest control fumigation in their flat

Google Oneindia News

Pune, Nov 2: A young couple died of suffocation after allegedly inhaling poisonous fumes following a pest control fumigation in their flat here, police said on Monday.

Dhawal Lahagania (24) and Mandira Chaudhary (26) -- both friends working in the same company -- had checked in the former's empty flat at Yamunanagar colony in the industrial township of Nigadi near here on Saturday afternoon.


They were unaware of the fumigation done by the pest control personnel on instructions of Dhawal's parents, who went out later to keep away from the place for mandatory 12 hours, police said.

According to the Nigadi police, Dhawal and Mandira experienced difficulty in breathing and felt suffocated after spending some time in the house as they inhaled the fumes.

Dhawal then called one of their friends who moved them to a hospital. The couple, however, succumbed to the affliction yesterday, police said.


For Daily Alerts
Best Deals and Discounts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X