Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday said Pakistan will have to pay a price for the terror attack on Sunjuwan attack that killed five soldiers.
Addressing a press conference soon after meeting Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti, Sitharaman said that "Jaish-E-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar was the mastermind of the attack but added that there was also local support to the attack."
"Terrorists belonged to Jaish-e-Mohammed, sponsored by Azhar Masood residing in Pakistan and deriving support from there in," she said.
"Intelligence inputs show that terrorists were controlled by their handlers from across border. Evidence are being scrutinised by NIA. Pakistan is expanding the arch of terror to areas south of Pir Panjal and resorting to ceasefire violations to assist infiltration."
"I wouldn't certainly state a timeline (for action against Pakistan). But will say this, Pakistan will pay for this misadventure. I repeat, Pakistan will pay for it," Sitharaman said.
"All the evidences collected have been compiled. Definitely they will be given to Pakistan. Even after giving dossiers after dossiers Pakistan has not taken any action." She added, "Giving the evidences to Pakistan will be a continuous process," she said.
To a question about the filing of an FIR against an Army officer involved in the Shopian firing, Sitharaman said the government must stand by the Army.
"Supreme Court has given a 15 day stay on the FIR itself. We'll have to see how it goes. We have to stand by our proud soldiers and Army and in the call of duty if they have performed something it has to be contextualized," she said.
Earlier in the day, Sitharaman visited soldiers and civilians, who were injured in the terror attack at Sunjuwan military camp, at the Army hospital in Jammu.
Four terrorists were killed by the Army during the operation that has now been on for over 50 hours. Five soldiers and a civilian were killed by terrorists, who entered the army camp around 4.45 AM on Saturday.
Sitharaman also held a high-level security review meeting. It was attended by the three service chiefs, defence secretary, and other top officials.
On Saturday, one of the deadliest terror attacks took place in Sunjuwan army camp in Jammu and Kashmir, in which five army personnel and a civilian died. Ten people including six women and children, were injured.