No words, filled with emotions says Modi on Vajpayee’s passing away
New Delhi, Aug 16: The passing away of former Prime Minister of India, Atal Vajpayee has seen an outpouring of grief across the nation. The former PM who was conferred with the Bharat Ratna passed away at AIIMS at 5.05 on August 16.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, following the demise of the veteran leader put out several emotional messages. He said that the passing away of Vajpayee was the end of an era.
Here are some of Modi's messages:
- I have no words, I am filled with emotions right now. Our respected Atal ji is no more. Every moment of his life he had dedicated to the nation.
- India grieves the demise of our beloved Atal Ji.
- His passing away marks the end of an era. He lived for the nation and served it assiduously for decades. My thoughts are with his family, BJP Karyakartas and millions of admirers in this hour of sadness. Om Shanti.
- It was Atal Ji's exemplary leadership that set the foundations for a strong, prosperous and inclusive India in the 21st century. His futuristic policies across various sectors touched the lives of each and every citizen of India.
- Atal Ji's passing away is a personal and irreplaceable loss for me. I have countless fond memories with him. He was an inspiration to Karyakartas like me. I will particularly remember his sharp intellect and outstanding wit.
- It was due to the perseverance and struggles of Atal Ji that the BJP was built brick by brick. He travelled across the length and breadth of India to spread the BJP's message, which led to the BJP becoming a strong force in our national polity and in several states.