- #CoronavirusCentre asks states to form committees for smooth COVID-19 vaccination drive
- #CoronavirusDuring COVID-19 air travel much safer than eating out and grocery shopping
- #CoronavirusUS health official dresses up as clown while announcing COVID-19 deaths
- #CoronavirusCoronavirus outbreak: India records 48,648 new coronavirus cases; Active cases under 6 lakh
- #CoronavirusCOVID-19 positivity rate drops as India scales up coronavirus testing capacity
- #CoronavirusIndia dealt with worst border crisis with firmness and maturity
- Movies Hina Khan’s Father Blocks Her Debit & Credit Cards; Says He’ll Give Her Rs 200 To Buy Coffee
- Lifestyle Aamna Sharif In Colourful Crop Top-Skirt And Floral Printed Crop Top-Skirt, Which One Is Prettier?
- Sports Steve Smith says 'no chance' of playing Big Bash League
- Technology Your Should Probably Upgrade To An SSD On Your Gaming PC; Not For Improved Performance
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower, Bharti Airtel Top Loser
- Travel 10 Best Places In Bangalore To Dine Out With Your Beloved This Karva Chauth
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Teaser Videos Released Ahead Of Launch: Watch Them Here!
- Education DDU Entrance Exam Result 2020 Declared For UG & PG Admission 2020-21
Nippon Paint extends support to painter community in Karnataka amidst Covid-19 pandemic
Bengaluru, Apr 07: With the recent Covid-19 outbreak being declared a global pandemic by WHO, the current crisis has taken a toll on the average daily wage workers' earnings, including painters. In an effort to help painters amidst this ongoing crisis, Nippon Paint (India) Private Limited (Decorative Division) Asia's leading paint manufacturer, today provided financial benefits to its painters in Karnataka, through e-vouchers and distribution of groceries through supermarkets. This will ensure the painter families have access to essential grocery items in light of the lockdown.
As part of the initiative, Nippon Paint reached out to the painter associates through 2 ways. The painters in the cities were provided with e-vouchers, thereby enabling them and their families to purchase essential commodities from their neighbourhood supermarkets and grocery stores. The painters in the smaller towns were given essential groceries through tie-ups with local grocery/kirana stores.
Talking about the effort, S Mahesh Anand, President - Nippon Paint (India) Private Limited (Decorative Division) commented, "Nippon Paint always strives to support painters, who are our key stakeholders. In view of the current Covid-19 pandemic that has shaken the world, we are committed to help reduce the impact faced by our painters who mostly rely on daily wages. We hope that our contribution will help sustain their families during the current lockdown and hopefully endure this crisis together".
About Nippon Paint:
Nippon Paint, founded in Japan has over 140 years of experience and is the number one paint manufacturer in Asia, and among the leading paint manufacturers of the world.
Nippon Paint produces high-quality paints and coats for decorative, industrial and automotive sectors. Over the years, Nippon Paint has perfected its products by means of breakthrough paint technology, with an emphasis on innovation and eco-friendliness.
Nippon Paint's mission is to create advanced products that boost quality of life while protecting the environment. Through innovative technology, Nippon Paint benefits its customers and society. The company and its subsidiaries has presence in 31 countries which includes Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, China, India, Pakistan, United Kingdom, Germany, Greece and Russia.