Newborn baby dies due to overheated warmer

Posted By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News
Uttar Pradesh
Meerut, Jan 1: A newborn baby was allegedly burnt to death due to an overheated incubator where he was kept. The incident happened in Lala Lajpat Rai hospital in Meerut. The baby's father Vaseem, a resident of Muzaffarnagar, said that his wife Ishrat delivered a baby on December 25, but since the baby was prematured, it was transferred to the Medical College on December 27.

Vaseem further added that the baby was kept under observation as it was underweight and was kept in a radiant warmer. On Monday morning, some technical error increased the temperature of the warmer, which burnt the baby's neck. On raising an alarm, the warmer was switched off, but by then the baby had sustained 70 percent burns and died on Monday evening.

The Principal of the Medical college-Dr Pradeep Bharti-has set up a 3-member commission under the chairmanship of the CMO Dr Subhash and has said that if any negligence is found, strict and immediate action would be taken against the culprits. Meanwhile, Dr mit Pathak, the college's in charge informed that the incident happened due to a short circuit.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...