Mumbai rains: Here are Do's and Don'ts
Mumbai witnessed a heavy downpour on early Tuesday morning. The incessant rains since Monday night and has led to water logging in several areas of city, slowing down traffic movement and delaying city's life line, the suburban railway system. With high tide likely in the evening at 4.30pm, the situation could take a turn for the worse if the rains continue.
Here are some of the Do's and Don'ts to follow:
- Turn off power and gas connection
- If you have to walk in standing water, use a pole or stick to ensure that you do not step into deep water, open manholes or ditches.
- Evacuate low lying areas and move to safer places
- Drink boiled/chlorinated water
- DO NOT DRIVE in Water. If your Vehicle Engine stops do not try to restart