Mumbai's Nair Hospital: Man dies in 2 minutes after being sucked into MRI machine; FIR registered
In a shocking incident that took place in a government hospital, a 32-year-old Rajesh Maru died after he got sucked into an MRI machine in Nair hospital in Mumbai Central.
The incident took place on Saturday at 8.30 pm when Maru was taking his relative to an MRI room but himself got sucked into an MRI machine.
The family members alleged that their 32-year-old relative died at Nair Hospital due to negligence by hospital staff last night after he was admitted inside MRI room with an oxygen tank.
According to relative,''He was admitted into MRI room with an oxygen tank when no metal items are allowed. Hospital attendant at MRI room said that the MRI machine was not switched on,he could go in but he was pulled in by magnetic force of the machine,he was shifted to trauma but died later.''
An FIR has been registered against Doctor Siddhant Shah, ward boy Vitthal Chavan & one lady ward attendant Sunita Surve under Section 304 A (causing death by negligence). CCTV footage of the incident has been handed over to the police by hospital authorities. Further investigation is underway.
Maru's body is now kept at JJ hospital for post-mortem.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakhs for Maru's family.