MoS' statement on Art 370 leaves Omar Abdullah fuming

It all began after the new Minister of State (MoS)of PMO Jitendra Singh stated that the process of abrogating Article 370 that grants special autonomous status to Jammu and Kashmir had already begun. Singh also said that the government had started discussing the issue with several stakeholders in the state.
Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah jumped into the fray and raised voice against the MoS' statement in a series of tweets.
"Article 370 is the ONLY constitutional link between J&K & rest of India" , tweeted Omar. "Talk of revocation is not just ill-informed it's irresponsible", reacted the Jammu and Kashmir CM.
Mark my words & save this tweet - long after Modi Govt is a distant memory either J&K won't be part of India or Art 370 will still exist 2/n
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) May 27, 2014
Mark my words & save this tweet - long after Modi Govt is a distant memory either J&K won't be part of India or Art 370 will still exist 2/n
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) May 27, 2014 Omar also said, "Long after Modi Govt is a distant memory either J&K won't be part of India or Art 370 will still exist".
Soon after this, Jitendra Singh told the media that his statements on Article 370 were misquoted, to which Omar reacted as this:
First day; first show :-) pic.twitter.com/5HbRE91DFo
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) May 27, 2014 Oneindia News












Click it and Unblock the Notifications