Modi gets big thumbs up on GST, foreign policy in Times Group poll
With the Modi sarkar completing four years in office and a year left for the elections, The Times Group has conducted a survey which suggests that a 71.9 per cent would vote for this government if elections were to be held today.
The 'Pulse of the Nation' online poll conducted by the Times Group, covered 8.4 lakh respondents. The poll was conducted between May 23-25 in nine languages.
73.3% of respondents said that a Modi-led government was the most-likely possibility when the elections are held.
16.1% per cent of respondents said that their vote for prime minister will go to a candidate other than Modi or Rahul Gandhi. Rahul Gandhi with 11. 93 per cent comes third on the list.
47.47 per cent said very good, while 20.60 felt it was good. 20.55 rated the performance as poor while 11.38 per cent said it was average.
Most successful policy:
- GST: 33.42 per cent
- Demonetisation: 21.90 per cent
- Jan Than: 9.7 per cent
- Surgical Strikes: 19.89 per cent
- Any other policy: 15.09 per cent
- Demonetisation: 22.20 per cent
- Employment: 28.30 per cent
- Agriculture: 12.58 per cent
- Kashmir: 14.28 per cent
- Any other policy: 22.64 per cent
Do you think minorities feel insecure?
- Yes: 30 per cent
- No: 59.41 per cent
- Can't say: 10.58 per cent
- Very good: 62.63 per cent
- Good: 17.43 per cent
- Poor: 15.84 per cent
- Can't say: 4.10 per cent
Will a united opposition be affective:
- Yes 28.96 per cent
- No: 51.12 per cent
- Can't say: 13.92 per cent
Who will win 2019:
- Modi led government: 73.37
- Third Front: 16.04 per cent
- Rahul led government: 10.59 per cent