Male elephant electrocuted

Posted By: PTI
Subscribe to Oneindia News
Tezpur (Assam), Nov 18: A male elephant was electrocuted when it came into contact with an electric post in Assam's Sonitpur district.

Divisional Forest Officer (East) A K Dey today said that the elephant was electrocuted last night in a paddy field at Panpur village and its carcass was recovered today. He blamed Assam State Electricity Board for not taking any step to maintain its posts and wires, despite complaints to it after a wild tusker was electrocuted at the same place in 2010.


Please Wait while comments are loading...