• search
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

Maharashtra: 5-year-old girl mistakes cracker as a chocolate, dies

By PTI
|

Ratnagiri: A five-year-old girl died after "eating" a fire cracker mistaking it for a chocolate in her village in the district on Wednesday, police said.

The incident took place when Damini Nikam was playing outside her house in Tisangi village in Khed tehsil when she spotted some fire crackers lying there and consumed one of them mistaking it for a chocolate, an official attached with Khed police station said.

crackers

On seeing this, her mother rushed her to a nearby primary health care centre where she died while undergoing treatment, he said.

A case will be soon registered under relevant section of IPC and investigations are underway, police said.

PTI

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more