Long weekends this August! Plan your holidays
There is nothing like long weekends to boost the mood and luckily, this August, is having long weekends to its credit.
The southren states will be celebrating Varamahalakshmi festival ( restricted holiday) on Friday and the North Indians will celebrate Raksha Bandhan on Monday. As both falls under restricted holidays across the country, people opting for any one or both will be benifitted.
Again taking a leave on August 14 (Monday) would result in straight holidays from August 12-15.
After the weekend of August 12-13, the next two days are Janmashtami and Independence Day. Take a day off on Wednesday and you could avail of Jamshed Navroz (Parsi New Year), a restricted holiday on Thursday, August 17. Another day off on Friday and you are into the next weekend.
Similarly, Ganesh Chaturthi, which falls on August 25, a Friday creates yet another opportunity for a relaxed three-day weekend.
August seems to be a promising month with tons of time to relax and utilize the leaves. So plan well ahead and enjoy!
List of holidays
- August 4, Friday: Varamahalakshmi festival (Restricted Holiday)
- August 5, Saturday: Weekend
- August 6, Sunday: Weekend
- August 7, Monday: Raksha Bandhan (Restricted Holiday)
- August 12, Saturday: Weekend
- August 13, Sunday: Weekend
- August 14, Monday: Janmashtami (Restricted Holiday)
- August 15, Tuesday: Independence Day (National Holiday)
- August 16, Wednesday: Take the day off.
- August 17, Thursday: Parsi New Year (Mumbai only)
- August 18, Friday: Take the day off.
- August 19, Saturday: Weekend
- August 20, Sunday: Weekend
- August 25, Friday: Ganesh Chathurthi
- August 26, Saturday: Weekend
- August 27, Sunday: Weekend