Finance Minister Thomas Isaac presented Budget for 2018-19 in Kerala Assembly on Friday. Isaac said demonetisation was an 'Ockhi' (cyclone) on the economy, adding end consumers are not getting the actual benefits of GST as corporates are making the most out of this.
Highlights of the Budget:
- Rs 1,267 crore earmarked for women welfare
- Rs 50 crore earmarked for Endosulfan package
- Rs 48 crores for Naipuniya scheme for SC/ST communities.
- Women safety Rs 50 crore set aside. Financial assistance for unmarried mothers increased to Rs 2000
- From April 2018 education benefits for SC communities to be increased by 25 per cent
- Propoals totalling Rs 2,859 crore earmarked for SC/ST communities
- Rs 54.45 crore for cashew sector
- Kerala Bamboo Corporation to get Rs 10 crore. Corporation's aims are to develop, promote bamboo products such as Bamboo tiles, furniture, Bamboo plywood
- Financial aid of Rs 20 crore to stimulate growth of private industrial clusters
- Rs 600 crore set aside for fisheries sector
- Rs 50 crore package for coconut development
- Stern action against illegally reclamation of paddy lands
- Rs 284 crore set aside for forests and wildlife sector