Karnataka floor test: How the events will unfold
The crucial trust vote will be taken by B S Yeddyurappa on Saturday at 4 pm. The Supreme Court fixed the date and time for the trust vote after a long hearing. Ahead of the trust vote that will be held at the Vidhan Soudha in Bengaluru, here is how the events would unfold.
- A special session of the assembly will be convened following the Governor's order.
- Governor sends note directing that special assembly session be convened.
- The Governor appoints a pro-tem speaker. K G Bopaiah of the BJP has been appointed to this post.
- Special session of assembly is convened as per CM's request.
- Pro-tem speaker administers oath to all newly elected MLAs.
- In the existing case, the pro-tem speaker would conduct the floor test based on the SC order.
- Yeddyurappa begins debate in Legislative assembly.
- Leader of opposition counters the points made by the CM.
- Other senior members of the house allowed to speak.
- Yeddyurappa makes final remarks.
- Speaker calls for no-confidence motion.
- Speaker takes a call whether it would be be through voice vote of show of hands.
- Voting is held.
- Speaker announces who has won the no confidence vote.
- If Yeddyurappa is unable to win the vote, next largest party seeks appointment with governor and seeks invite to form government.
- Governor fixes a day for trust vote.