• search

Karnataka elections: BJP to get 115 seats, Congress-70, predicts survey

By Chennabasaveshwar
Subscribe to Oneindia News
For Quick Alerts
Subscribe Now
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS
For Daily Alerts

    According to an opinion poll conducted by Flash Team and TV 5 Kannada, 38.11 percent respondents prefer BJP's BS Yeddyurappa for the chief ministerial post, followed by CM Siddaramaiah with 37.03 per cent and former CM HD Kumaraswamy with 18. 33 percent.

    Karnataka elections: BJP to get 37.58 per cent votes, BSY top choice for CM

    The Congress to get BJP- 115 (+/-5), 70 seats (+/-5), and JDS 40(+/-2) and others 4 (+/-2). 

    According to the survey, BJP will get 36-38 per cent votes, Congress to get 33-35 per cent and JDS 20-22 per cent.

    The survey showed that 61.11 per cent people didn't agree with the Congress government's decision to recommend separate religion status for Lingayats. Only 38. 89 per cent welcomed this decision.

    Also, 50.73 percent people were satisfied with CM Siddarmaiah's performance and 49.37 per cent were not happy.

    About the performance of incumbent MLAs, including all the three parties, 53.6 per cent people expressed satisfaction, on the other hand, 46.4 per cent respondents were bot pleased with MLAs performance.

    Prime Minister Narendra Modi once again beat Rahul Gandhi in the race to become PM in 2019 general elections. PM Modi remained favourite of people with 55.35 per cent. Only 44.65 per cent chose Rahul Gandhi as their preference.

    The survey was conducted between April 13 to May 6. Around 38, 400 respondents, who are eligible to vote, participated in the survey. The survey claimed that people from social and economic sections of the state were approached in the survey.

    Drinking Water, health, education, infrastructure and finally law and order are highlighted by the respondents' as major problems of their constituencies.

    For Breaking News from Oneindia
    Get instant news updates throughout the day.

    X
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more