India mourns as former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away in New Delhi
New Delhi, Aug 16: The stalwart of BJP, one of the most loved politicians of our country, Bharat Ratna awardee and former Prime Minister of India, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee breathed his last at 5.05pm on Thursday (Aug 16).
The 93-year-old left his mark on the country and is hailed as one of the finest Prime Ministers our country has seen. With his departure, Vajpayee has left a void in Indian politics. Here are some of the interesting facts and anecdotes of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
1. No words, filled with emotions says Modi on Vajpayee's passing away
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, following the demise of the veteran leader, put out several emotional messages. He said that the passing away of Vajpayee was the end of an era.
2. RIP Atal Bihari Vajpayee: Here are some of the top quotes of Former Prime Minister and BJP Stalwart
My Lord, never let me climb so high that I am unable to embrace another stranger, deliver me ever from such arrogance!
3. RIP Atal Bihari Vajpayee: Interesting facts about the Master orator and statesman par excellence
Often described as the moderate face of BJP, charismatic Atal Bihari Vajpayee was an iconic leader whose acceptability across the political spectrum broke barriers pitch forking the saffron party to the centre stage of politics in the late 90s.
4. Vajpayee, the man who sought peace was troubled most by Pakistan
Atal Bihari Vajpayee was sworn in as the 10th Prime Minister of India, but the BJP failed to muster enough support from other parties to obtain a majority. He resigned after 13 daysVajpayee when it became clear that he could not garner a majority. His first term was short-lived.
5. Vajpayee a leader from among them for the party workers
Let's understand fondness of BJP workers for former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee by this anecdote, one of the BJP worker who was very close to him came to Delhi from Allahabad with some eatable that the former PM was very fond of and both of them used to have together whenever Vajpayee ji was in the city.
6. RIP AB Vajpayee: Bhishma Pitamah of Indian politics
Untainted personal and political life, gifted oratory skills and statesmanship in Parliament proceedings made him the tallest political figure of the post-Independent India.
7. The Gentle Giant, will be missed by one and all, says President Kovind
President Ram Nath Kovind tweeted after the demise of former prime minister Ram Nath Kovind.