In first since terror strike, Vinod Khanna to visit Gurdaspur within a week
Chandigarh, Aug 3: Bollywood actor-turned-Gurdaspur MP Vinod Khanna, who has been facing flak for not visiting his parliamentary constituency after the July 27 terror strike in Dinanagar, is expected to meet family members of the attack victims within a week.
"He (Vinod Khanna) may come within a week to India from Europe where he is undergoing treatment for stomach-related ailment," Khanna's political secretary Samrendra Sharma said today.

"As soon as he reaches India, his first priority will be visiting the families of the victims of the attack," he said, adding that Khanna could not come to Gurdaspur because of his ill-health.
According to Sharma, Khanna had gone to Europe on July 16 for medical treatment. The four-time MP from Gurdaspur, Khanna could not be contacted over phone.
Khanna has been facing ire from several quarters for not turning up in his constituency even as several days have passed since the attack in which three heavily armed terrorists stormed a police station in Dinanagar, killing seven persons before they were gunned down by Punjab Police personnel in a day long operation.
Describing Khanna's criticism as "unwarranted", Sharma said that Khanna had already condemned the terror attack through his tweets.
"He used to visit his parliamentary constituency twice a month. But this time, his ill-health has preventing him to come to his constituency," said Sharma.
On June 27, when three terrorists went on rampage in Gurdaspur, Khanna had tweeted: "The dastardly Gurdaspur Attack is terrible, shocking and unfortunate for the residents of Gurdaspur. Guilty won't be spared."
"Ill health prevents my physical presence at Pathankot home. Sincere thoughts and prayers with affected families and people of Gurdaspur," he had said.
The former Union Minister of State for External Affairs and Tourism faced severe criticism on Twitter.
Aam Aadmi Party Punjab Convener Sucha Singh Chotepur slammed Khanna for not visiting the constituency after the attack.
Horrified by & condemn the attack by terrorists on innocents in Dinanagar, Gurdaspur. Confident @PMOIndia & govt taking best possible steps
— Vinod Khanna (@VinodKhanna) July 27, 2015
The dastardly #GurdaspurAttack is terrible shocking & unfortunate for the residents of Gurdaspur. Guilty won't be spared. 1/3
— Vinod Khanna (@VinodKhanna) July 27, 2015
2/3 Sure authorities on the ground, with Central officials will defeat designs of attackers. Govt has taken all steps to mitigate damage.
— Vinod Khanna (@VinodKhanna) July 27, 2015
2/3 Sure authorities on the ground, with Central officials will defeat designs of attackers. Govt has taken all steps to mitigate damage.
— Vinod Khanna (@VinodKhanna) July 27, 2015
3/3 ILL health prevents my physical presence at Pathankot home. Sincere thoughts and prayers with affected families & people of Gurdaspur
— Vinod Khanna (@VinodKhanna) July 27, 2015
Spoke to #GurdaspurAttack victims & their families in hospital. Drs & DIG too. Assured whatever help is needed. Drs doing a remarkable job.
— Vinod Khanna (@VinodKhanna) July 28, 2015
Request all in Gurdaspur to remain calm and safe. Have no doubt bomb squad will do their job and diffuse the bomb, if indeed it is a bomb.
— Vinod Khanna (@VinodKhanna) July 30, 2015 PTI












Click it and Unblock the Notifications