How to help flood-hit people of Kerala
Kochi, Aug 18: The flood situation in Kerala continues to be grim. The death toll has crossed 300 even as rescue operations are on in full swing.
The government and NGOs are doing everything they can to help the people of the state. You could do your bit as well to help those affected by the incessant rains.
How to help the flood-hit people of Kerala:
Kerala Chief Minister, Pinarayi Vijayan has urged the people to contribute towards the relief fund.
He released a statement asking for help and gave details for contributing to the CM's Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF).
Name of Donee: CMDRF
Account number : 67319948232
Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: City branch, Thiruvananthapuram
PAN detail: AAAGD0584M
SWIFT CODE: SBININBBT08
Here's how you can help those affected by the unprecedented floods in Kerala. Now you can make donations online to Chief Minister's Distress Relief Fund through the site, https://t.co/OFHTHlZ9by #KeralaFloods #StandWithKerala. pic.twitter.com/XNlBKqdCUT— CMO Kerala (@CMOKerala) August 14, 2018
In a Facebook post the collector of Kannur, in a Facebook post, asked people to donate:
- Cooking utensils and Dining utensils like plates, tumblers etc
- Basic household furniture (chairs , tables etc)
- Containers for storing rice and other food items at home
- Mugs, buckets
You can send these items to:
- Control Room, Collectorate, Kannur - 670002, Phone no. 9446682300, 04972700645
Collector Idukki has also asked for contributions:
- People can send items at District Collector Idukki, Idukki Collectorate, Painavu P O, Kuyilimala, Idukki, PIN - 685603.
The Kerala chapter of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) with the support of IT Mission has launched a website for effective collaboration and communication between various government departments, voluntary organisations and public.
With Keralarescue.in, people can make request for help.
- They can give location and details of the specific requirement.
- There is also an option to mention or understand district-specific needs.
- It will have options to identify collection points and point of contacts.
- Individuals can register as volunteer through this site.
- There is option to contribute fund directly to chief minister's disaster relief fund.