Being a employee and member of employees Provident fund organisation (EPFO), it is very important to check your EPF balance from time and time to know how much amount you have managed to save in your account. Though there are several ways to check your PF balance, it is easy method to know EPF balance by giving a missed call. For that all you need to have is registered mobile number and valid UAN number.
If you have both, then give a missed call on 011 229 01 406. Then after few minutes, you will receive an SMS with your PF number, age, and the balance details. Only UAN member should have this facility and it is also free of cost.
What are the requirements to know PF balance:
Inorder to receive the PF Balance through missed call service then you should be ready with the following things:
1. You should have the UAN and it should be activated.
2. At UAN Portal you have enter your valid registered mobile number. If you are not using then you have to change the mobile number first.
3. You should call from the same mobile number which is given at UAN portal
4. Ensure that UAN is linked with your PAN card/Aadhaar number/ Bank Account
How to check EPF balance through SMS:
From your registered mobile number you have to give a missed call to this number 011-22901406. Remember one UAN can have only one mobile number so at the time of activation of UAN, give the correct mobile number. Incase if the registered mobile number is not in use, then you have to update the mobile number on UAN site.
Also Read | How to Check your EPF Balance through SMS
After you give the missed call, then you will receive the SMS from AM-EPFOHO. In the SMS, you can get details like EPF Balance, Member ID (UAN), Name, Date of Birth, Last Contribution etc.. If your Company is Private TRUST, then you will not get your balance details. You will have to contact your employer.
Why Missed call service is prefered by most to know EPF balance?
Following are the reasons why missed call service is used most frequently to check EPF balance than mobile app and SMS.
- You dont need a smartphone to use mobile app facility. You can give missed call from any type of phones for EPF balance enquiry
- If you want to use the mobile app, then downloading app one need to check his or her data, space on the phone to keep the app, etc.
- It is very easy for people to give a call instead of typing SMS.
- No need to pay for this service
- By using this missed call method there is no need to remember the code for SMS method of balance check
How does it work?
At the time of activation of UAN, the mobile number which you have given is linked to UAN. Your UAN is considered as a verified UAN if it has PAN / Bank Account number / Adhaar number. You can get all the information about the EPF Member via UAN member portal.
Your mobile number is registered with the UAN database, as soon as you give a missed call to the EPFO from your mobile. By your mobile number, the UAN is fetched. This is how they track information about your account. Taking details from this account, the UAN sends an SMS to the respective mobile number.
What to do if missed call service not working?
In few Occassions, you may not get the SMS via missed call service, at that time try for alternative methods like EPF mobile App, Mobile SMS to know your EPF balance.