Here's the list of 20 AAP MLAs recommended for disqualification by EC
The Election Commission is learnt to have recommended to the President the disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs for allegedly holding office of profit.
In its opinion sent to President Ram Nath Kovind, the Election Commission said by being parliamentary secretaries, they held office of profit and were liable to be disqualified as MLAs of the Delhi Assembly, highly placed sources said.
The President is bound to go by the recommendation of the Commission. In cases where petitions are made seeking disqualification of lawmakers, the President sends a reference to the EC which decides on the case by sending back its opinion.
In the present case, the petition was made to disqualify 21 MLAs, but one had resigned a few months back.
Here is the list of 20 AAP MLAs who are recommended for disqualification:
- Adarsh Shastri from Dwarka constituency
- Alka Lamba from Chandni Chowk constituency
- Sanjeev Jha from Burari constituency
- Kailash Gehlot from Najafgarh constituency
- Vijendra Garg from Rajinder Nagar constituency
- Praveen Kumar from Jangpura constituency
- Sharad Kumar Chauhan from Narela constituency
- Madan Lal Khufiya from Kasturba Nagar constituency
- Shiv Charan Goyal from Moti Nagar constituency
- Sarita Singh from Rohtas Nagar constituency
- Naresh Yadav from Mehrauli constituency
- Rajesh Gupta from Wazirpur constituency
- Rajesh Rishi from Janakpuri constituency
- Anil Kumar Bajpai from Gandhi Nagar constituency
- Som Dutt from Sadar Bazar constituency
- Avtr Singh from Kalkaji constituency
- Sukhvir Singh Dala from Mundka constituency
- Manoj Kumar from Kondli constituency
- Nitin Tyagi from Laxmi Nagar constituency
- Jarnail Singh from Tilak Nagar constituency
However, was no official word from the Commission.
When contacted, Chief Election Commissioner A K Joti said since the matter is sub judice, he would not offer any comment on the issue.