Three persons were arrested on Sunday in connection with the death of a man in the MRI room of the Mumbai's Nair Hospital. On Saturday, a 32-year-old man, Rajesh Maru, died after he got sucked into an MRI machine in Nair hospital in Mumbai Central.
A case of negligence was earlier registered against Nair Hospital's MRI department officials.
According to reports, three people were suspended in connection with the case earlier. Three suspended people were - Dr Siddhant Shah who was the doctor on duty at the time of the incident, ward boy Vitthal Chavan and another hospital help Sunita Surve.
The shocking incident occurred on Saturday evening, when Rajesh Maru was attending to an elderly relative, who had come for an MRI scan at the BYL Nair Charitable Hospital. The family says the ward boy had asked Maru to take the cylinder inside.
As soon as Rajesh entered with the cylinder, it turned out that the machine was on. The metal in the cylinder activated the machine's monstrous magnetic field, pulling in both the man and the cylinder with great force, eyewitnesses said. His hand got stuck in the machine along with the cylinder, triggering a massive oxygen leak.
The ward boys managed to pull him out of the machine but his body was swollen and he was bleeding heavily. He was rushed to the emergency ward where he died within 10 minutes.