CBSE Class 12 Results 2017 may be declared only next week due to moderation policy
The CBSE Class 12 Results 2017 is unlikely to be declared today. Some reports suggest that it may take another week to be declared owing to the marks moderation policy. The Delhi High Court had on Tuesday told the CBSE not to ahead with the scrapping of the marks moderation policy.
Sources in the CBSE say that the decision of the Delhi High Court has delayed the results. A majority of the evaluation work and processing of Result data was done excluding the moderation policy marks. However, now post the order of the Delhi High Court, the CBSE Board would have to adjust the final marks for CBSE 12th Results 2017 again, sources also say.
Over 10,98,891 students appeared for the class 12 exams at various test centres across the state.
Once the results are declared the same can be checked on the official website, cbse.nic.in.
Cant change rules once game has begun
The Delhi High Court had said that the CBSE Class 12 Results 2017 will be declared without the moderation policy being scrapped. This comes as a major relief to at least 11 lakh students of the the Class 12 and 9 lakh students of Class 10. The court observed that the rules cannot change after the game has begun.
Key observations by the Delhi HC
Here are the crucial observations by the High Court
- A person taking the examination needs to be put on notice
- Do it next year,
- You cannot change the rules after the game has begun
- The sudden implementation of such a decision would put students through considerable trauma.
- Children have a right to know what you are doing.
- Probably they are under more stress.
- Don't instill insecurity.
- The CBSE also seemed to have ignored the fact that foreign varsities had offered conditions to many Indian students on the basis of the current evaluation policy.
- Students might also face grave and irreparable financial loss.
- It might also completely change the course of academic future of students, especially those of Delhi.
- The bench said that the students who have been involved in such scenarios could have taken loans and might cause massive financial losses.
- It would be a "tragedy" if students lost out on seats in foreign varsities due to the CBSE's change of policy.
- Go to the official website, cbse.nic.in
- Click the relevant link
- Enter roll number
- Press submit
- Results will be displayed
- Download Results
- Take a print out
How to check CBSE Class 12 Results 2017
Other sites where results can be seen