There were a host of measures announced for the education sector in the Budget 2018. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley while announcing the measures said that the focus of the education budget was on using digital technology in a bid to enhance the scope of the sector.
Here are five takeaways:
- The government plans "to treat education holistically with integration of class 2 to class 12"
- An 'Integrated BEd' program will be started soon, with teachers training as the main focus
- Tech to be biggest driver in education sector with increased digital intensity and a mission to move from Black board to digital boards
- Rs. 1 lakh crore to be invested over the next 4 years for a new drive to boost Research and Development
- Government to set up special Railway University at Vadodara, Gujarat