Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh takes out massive rally to mount pressure on Govt
The Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS) on November 17 took out a massive rally to mount pressure on the Central government on labour policies. Several from different parts of the country took part in this rally to demand a reform in labour policies. Their main demand is of implementation and enforcment of minimum wage, better labour welfare schemes and policies.
A three day demonstration was ealier held by 10 other trade unions, but the BMS was not a part of that - blaming that their organisation was not invited.
A sea of workers turned up for the rally expecting the Centre to pay heed to their demands and their problems.
Here is a quick list of their demands:
- Equal pay for equal work across all sectors
- Implementation of minumum wages
- End of contractual labour
- Pending issues of Anganwadi workers should be resolved
- Farmer and labour representation in Nity Ayog
- Workers rights should not be curbed under labour law reforms