Varanasi, July 16: The incident took place at 4 am in the morning on Thursday when Manna (a daily labourer from West Bengal) was electrocuted while decorating the stage for PM Narendra Modi in Varanasi.
A co-worker said,"He was decorating flowers when suddenly he got stuck with the wire and started screaming. By the time we could do anything, he was thrown away and fainted." [Heavy rains force PM Narendra Modi to cancel his visit to Varanasi]
20 year old Manna was rushed to the hospital where he was declared brought dead. He had come to Varanasi with the team of the contractor, assigned to decorate the stage here. A police officer of the Lanka police station said," The body has been sent to post mortem and the report is awaited."