New Delhi, July 27: Dr Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was one of the most popular presidents of India and people remember him fondly as he continued to inspire everyone with his life.
About APJ Kalam
Born on October 15, 1931, in Tamil Nadu's Rameswaram, Dr APJ Kalam served as the 11th President of India between 2002 and 2007. Kalam, who had penned several books and inspired millions through his philosophy of 'simple living and high thinking', died due to a cardiac arrest while delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Shillong on July 27, 2015.
Nation pays homage to APJ Abdul Kalam
The nation on Friday paid homage to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, who is fondly remembered as the 'People's President' and the 'Missile Man of India' on his third death anniversary.
His quotes that inspired all
- If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.
- You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
- To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.
- Let me define a leader. He must have vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.
- Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
- You see, God helps only people who work hard. That principle is very clear.
- My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.
- Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
- Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.
- Kalam used to read both Kuran, Bhagvad Gita
- Kalam gave away his salary to charity
- Once Kalam addressed 400 students without electricity at the place
- Powering Rashtrapati Bhavan with solar energy