Andhra Pradesh Shocker: BTech student takes a 'burning' selfie on train!

Posted By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hyderabad, June 24: Selfie mania killed many across the world and this time a young student from Andhra Pradesh had similar kind of experience.

Kanumuri Sai Santosh Varma nearly got electrocuted when he tried to take a selfie climbing atop a train engine. The incident took place at Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday, June 23.


The train was parked in a railway yard where Varma along with his friends had come to explore the place. The victim, a BTech student of Gitam University in Visakhapatnam, was rushed to a hospital with 60 per cent burns.

The victim and his friends was travelling from Simhadri Express. They were on their way to attend a wedding at Nidadavole in West Godavari.

According to sources, Varma did not notice the 25,000 KV power line passing overhead and was busy taking selfie using his mobile phone. Soon the young student was flung down to the ground by massive electric shock and suffered burns.

The victim, who initially was admitted to a government hospital, was shifted to a private hospital later. Currently, he is being treated in the ICU. According to the hospital sources, he has severe injuries.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...