All you need to know about IRCTC's ‘A Journey to Heartland' Tour Package
Indian Railways' 4-days 'A Journey to Heartland' tour package is aimed at tourists who want to take a glimpse of Madhya Pradesh in short span of time. This tour package was launched on March 1 and will run daily till September 1.
It begins from Bhopal and takers the tourists to Sanchi, Bhimbetka and Pachmarhi, which is the only Hill station of Madhya Pradesh. Sanchi is a historic place which has one of the oldest stone structures in India. Sanchi is the center of a region with a number of stupas including Satdhara , Morel Khurd, Andher, Mawas, Sonari, all within a few kilometers of Sanchi.
Bhimbetka is known for rock shelters which exhibit the earliest traces of human life on the Indian subcontinent. It is a UNESCO world heritage site that consists of seven hills and over 750 rock shelters distributed over 10 kilometres.
Pachmarhi is a hill station in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh. It is widely known as Satpura ki Rani ("Queen of Satpura") and is situated at a height of 1067 m in a valley of the Satpura Range. It is a part of Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve.
For the trip, passengers are picked up from the Habibganj railway station in Bhopal and they are dropped at the same railway station after the trip. The single occupancy costs Rs 19,270 per person, double occupancy costs Rs 13,520 per person, triple occupancy costs Rs 10,920 per person and occupancy for a child with bed (5-11 years) costs Rs 5,650. The tour package, which is for four days will provide one night stay in Bhopal and two nights stay in Pachmarhi.
Other you you must know about the package:
- The accomodation will be in a air-conditioned hotel on a double sharing basis.
- The accomodation includes breakfast and dinner.
- Tourists would be taken for sight seeing on air-conditioned vehicle.
- The package does not include entry fee to the monuments.
- Cost of mineral water, porter charges, additional meals and camera fee at certain places will have to be borne by the tourist.
- Cancelletion of tour package can be done only through IRCTS website.