- 3 min ago Valued at Rs 6,18,41,72,757 Kamal Nath’s son is richest candidate in 4th phase of LS polls
- 6 min ago ED attaches properties of MK Alagiri's son in granite mining case
- 12 min ago Karnataka SSLC result 2019 likely to be declared in May 1st week
- 18 min ago Mehul Choksi moves Bombay HC over non-consideration of plea on inability to return
- Automobiles Honda Amaze Sells 85000 Units In 11 Months — Equals Fourty Six Percent Of Honda’s Total Sales
- Movies Siddharth Makes A SHOCKING Statement Against Akshay Kumar Post His Viral Video With PM Narendra Modi
- Technology Samsung robot folders could be reason behind Galaxy Fold failures: iFixit
- Lifestyle Moxibustion Alternative Therapy – Types & Applications
- Education TS POLYCET Result 2019: Access The Result Link Here
- Finance Gold Prices in India Slips Following Global Trends
- Sports Turin to host ATP Finals from 2021 to 2025
- Travel Let Us Take A Ride To Rourkela: The Commercial Capital Of Odisha
Oneindia Users Raise Rs 4 Lakh For Heart Surgery, Kanisiri Gets Back Her Life!
"I'm finally seeing both my daughters smiling and playing together for the first time since Kanisri's birth. We are deeply thankful to each and every donor."
For a whole year after his baby daughter's diagnosis, Rajesh was helpless. Soon after Kanisri's birth, she was diagnosed with a heart condition that could only be treated with a surgery. When Rajesh's meagre income couldn't handle the burden of the costs, it was you, our readers, that helped him save his daughter. Thanks to your generosity, Kanisri is now happy and well in her mother's loving arms!
When Kanisri was diagnosed with a heart disease, Rajesh was at a loss.
Kanisri was born to Rajesh and his wife in May 2017. She was their second child and they were thrilled to be parents again. When they took her for her polio vaccination, the doctor noted that something was wrong with the way her heart was functioning.
Her suggestion to get her checked led Rajesh to take Kanisri to a health camp led by Apollo Hospital in Chennai. The camp was free, thus helping him avoid heavy diagnosis costs. This was where at no more than 22 days old, Kanisri was found to be suffering a serious heart disease (fallout hypoplastic PV).
Only a surgery costing Rs 5 lakh could treat her condition.
Rajesh began scouting for ways to fund his little Kanisri's much-needed surgery. Applications for loans were rejected, the family had no insurance to fall back on, and no relatives were able to lend them such a large amount.
A year passed, and yet no solution had been found. During this time, Kanisri survived on heavy medication somehow funded by Rajesh's meagre income. Kanisri was now a feeble toddler whose body parts often turned an alarming shade of blue due to her heart condition. Rajesh was devastated and lost, slowly beginning to lose all hope.
Then crowdfunding came into the picture. The idea of hundreds of strangers helping him pay for his daughter's treatment without asking for payback was alien to Rajesh, but he still gave it a shot. As a socially responsible media entity, we at Oneindia are committed to helping people in need. So when we learned that Kansiri needed our help to survive, we immediately rose to action. We worked towards helping Rajesh raise funds for Kansiri's heart surgery and Rajesh's request didn't go unnoticed.
Thanks to the generosity of 262 of you, Rajesh was able to raise Rs 4 Lakh in no more than 2 weeks!
On June 25, Kanisri finally received her surgery. She remained in post-operative care for another 5 days to observe her condition. Fortunately, she showed no signs of allergies. Moreover, her condition has been improving greatly since!
"I've never seen Kanisri so happy and playful. I'm finally seeing both my daughters smiling and playing together for the first time since Kanisri's birth. We are deeply thankful to each and every donor that helped Kanisri get her surgery. We don't know where we would have been without you," says Rajesh.
Well, we reciprocate what Rajesh says, "Thank you readers for all the help, it wouldn't have been possible without you. We assure you that every penny you spent reaches the needy. Please continue your support.