4 labourers die due to asphyxiation in Bihar
Siwan, September 9: While cleaning a septic tank on Saturday four labourers died due to asphyxiation in Bihar's Siwan district.
Four labourers went inside a choked septic tank at a residence of an individual in Vivekanand Nagar under Mahadev police outpost and died due to asphyxiation, District Magistrate Dharmendra Prasad said.
While three died on the spot, one succumbed to his injuries at a hospital, the DM said.
A case has been registered in connection with the incident.
Last month four persons died of suspected asphyxiation in a septic tank at an under-construction house in Chhattisgarh's Surajpur district. A labourer and the house owner's son this morning climbed down into the septic tank in Latori village to remove the wooden planks supporting the slab, but they did not come out, a police official told PTI. Subsequently, the house owner and another labourer also went inside but they too did not come out following which the locals informed the police.