11% job seekers in India have discrepancies in resume:Report

Posted By: PTI
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Dec 17: As many as 11 per cent job seekers in India have some discrepancies in their resume while men account for higher number of such applicants, a new survey claimed today.

The discrepancy percentage has maintained the high trend in 2015 at 11.5 per cent, which goes on to say that out of every 100 candidates who were screened by First Advantage, 11 candidates were found to have discrepancies in one or more components, First Advantage said in a report -- 'Background Screening Trends Report: India'.

Discrepancies in 11% job seekers resume

"In Q3-FY15, 78 per cent of the overall discrepancy cases were males and the remaining 22 per cent were women," the report said. When asked about the sample size, First Advantage said it screened 1.5 lakh people in the third quarter and on an average five components were checked for each person.

It said the trend for the previous four years - 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 - illustrates an average of 10 per cent discrepancy in the first three years, and in 2014, it rose to 10.5 per cent.

The report revealed that the highest number of discrepancies were detected in candidates in the 22-30 years age bracket. The report further revealed that the trend of discrepancy cases manifests the highest in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) sector at 43 per cent, followed by the Information Technology (IT) sector at 21 per cent.

In the third quarter of FY15, discrepancies related to employment, address and education components stood at 56.3 per cent, 14.3 per cent and 4.8 per cent, respectively, it said.

Read More: Nearly 41K jobs created under PM's employment programme

In a state-wise data, Karnataka leads at 22 per cent in discrepancies, followed by Maharashtra at 20 per cent, Andhra Pradesh at 11 per cent, Tamil Nadu at 8 per cent, Uttar Pradesh at 7 per cent and New Delhi at 6 per cent, it said.


Please Wait while comments are loading...