Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal faced a huge embarrassment when the CBI launched raids on his Principal secretary Rajendra Kumar's office as well as at his residence, in last two days.
Shortly, after CBI raids, Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while calling him a psychopath and a coward, in a sharp defensive of Kumar.
Meanwhile, it was also reported that Kejriwal was warned about the serious allegations of corruption against 47-year-Kumar on May 27, 2015, by an anti-corruption watchdog Transparency International (TI), via a letter.
Shockingly, Kejriwal has not even responded to the letter sent by TI on Kumar's wrong-doings.
The man who exposed Kumar's corrupt activities, is a bureaucrat and a former Member Secretary, Delhi Dialogue Commission (DDC), Ashish Joshi. [CBI raid: Know who is Rajendra Kumar?]
Joshi had alleged that Kumar had helped some former bureaucrats while setting up a software firm.
Let us know more about Ashish Joshi:
- Little-known Joshi was appointed as the member secretary in the Delhi Dialogue Commission in Feb 2015. But in March, he was sacked by Kejriwal and many insist that it may have happened on Kumar's advice.
- Joshi had stated in his complaint Kumar must be probed for his alleged dealings with some firms.
- According to reports, Joshi is an Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service (IP & TAFS) officer, who first moved the LG-appointed Anti-Corruption Bureau chief MK Meena to probe Kumar for irregularities in his previous postings.
- Since June 2014, before the formation of the AAP government in Delhi, Joshi was assigned with the task to monitor the digitisation of Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board (DUSIB) operations.
- Ashish Khetan, the vice-chairperson of DDC, had reportedly pointed his choice towards Joshi as DDC's member secretary.
- Khetan, a former journalist, knew Joshi, as a director in the ministry of minority affairs at the Centre.
- Soon, things started turning sour bewtween Joshi and Khetan. Joshi allegedly felt humiliated by DDC and senior AAP members, after which he took the matter to CM Arvind Kejriwal, Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and chief secretary.
- When Joshi's complaints fell on deaf ears, then he decided to expose wrong-doers in AAP, with Rajendra Kumar as his first casualty. He filed a complaint against Kumar in July 2015.