Uttar Pradesh will go to Assembly elections early in 2017. The state has an Assembly comprising 403 seats and a party/alliance has to win 202 seats to form the government. In 2012, when the last state election was held in UP, the Samajwadi Party had won 224 seats to get a decisive majority. [Know constituencies of UP Assembly polls]
OneIndia will take one Assembly constituency a day and have a look at electoral information related to it:
Constituency Name: Balamau (SC)
Constituency No. 160
Population of district: 4,091,380
Overall Literacy: 68.89%
Sex ratio: 856/1000
2012 Assembly election result
- Winner: Anil Verma (SP)
- Votes received: 67,800
- Nearest rival: Rampal Verma (BSP)
- Votes: 67,627
- Difference: 173
- Margin: 173 (0.1%)
- Total voters: 3, 23,909
- Turnout: 54.7%
- Ancient town, Balamau falls in Sandila tehsil of Hardoi district , UP.
- It is being believed that the town was founded towards the end of the reign of Akbar by Bami Mirmi.
- Balamau contains an average population of 40,000 with a sex ratio of almost 1.
- Agriculture and small scale business firms are the main occupation of people of this town.
Some more info
- Balamau Assembly comprises of KCs 1-Kallyanmal, 5-Behandar, 6-Balamau, Beniganj NP, Kachhona NP & Som (CT) of 5-Sandila Tehsil.
- In 2012, Assembly seat went for poll first time after delimitation.