Name : Dr. G. Parameshwara
Portfolio: Deputy Chief Minister, Home (excluding Intellignce), Bengaluru Development, Youth Empowerment and Sports.
Party : Congress
Age : 67
Spouse : Kannika Parameshwari
Birth place: Gollahalli, Tumkur
Father : Gangadharaiah Hebbalalu Mariyappa
Mother : Gangamalamma Chikkanna
Education : B.Sc./ M.Sc. in Agriculture from University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore. PhD from Waite Agricultural Research Centre, University of Adelaide in Plant Physiology.
Profession: Politician/ Administrative Officer
G. Parameshwara's Political journey:
- Rajiv Gandhi told Parameshwara to join politics in 1989 after which then Education Minister SM Yahya took Parameshwara to then AICC general secretary Mohsina Kidwai and made him Joint Secretary of Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee.
- In 1989 Parameshwara won against his nearest rival C. Rajavardhan of Janata Dal in Madhugiri Constituency.
- In 1993, Parameshwara served as Minister of State for Sericulture during Veerappa Moily cabinet.
- From 1999 to 2004, he has served as Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Higher Education and Science & Technology portfolio's in S. M. Krishna Cabinet.
- In 2004, Parmeshwar won against his nearest rival Kenchamaraiah H. of Janata Dal (Secular) in Madhugiri.
- On 27 October 2010, he was appointed as the President of Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee replacing R. V. Deshapande.
- On 30 October 2015, he was appointed as Home Minister of Karnataka replacing K. J. George.
- On 15 May 2018, G. Parameshwara won from Koratagere constitution as elected MLA Candidate.
- On 23 May 2018, G. Parameshwara took oath as the Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka.