Karnataka cabinet: Krishna Byre Gowda’s profile
Name : Krishna Byre Gowda
Portfolio: Rural Development, Law, Justice and Human Rights, Parliamentary Affairs and Legislation
Party : Congress
Age : 45
Spouse : Meenakshi
Birth place: Bengaluru
Father : C. Byre Gowda
Mother : Savithramma.
Education : Graduate
Krishna Byre Gowda's Political journey:
- He began his political career in 2003, when his father and Janata Dal (United) leader C. Byre Gowda died.
- In October 2003, Krishna contested and won the by-election to fill his late father's legislative assembly seat from Vemagal, Kolar District, to become one of the youngest members of the Karnataka legislature.
- In April 2004, Krishna Byre Gowda left the Janata Dal political party to join the Indian National Congress and won the Vemagal, Karnataka legislative assembly seat.
- Krishna Byre Gowda became president of the Karnataka Pradesh Youth Congress Committee in November 2007.
- In 2008 Krishna Byre Gowda chose to compete for the urban Byatarayanapura constituency in Bangalore and won the election with 43 percent of the votes, defeating A. Ravi of the Bharatiya Janata Party with a margin of 9,352 votes.
- Krishna lost the general election in 2009 for the Bangalore South (Lok Sabha constituency) in the Indian general election, 2009 to Ananth Kumar of BJP.
- Krishna Byre Gowda served as minister of Agriculture for State in Chief Minister Siddaramaiah's Cabinet from 2013, at a very young age of 40.