How to apply for voter ID card in Karnataka
India has a democratic system of government and therefore an election is very much important. In the election people elect their representative for legislative assembly as well as Parliament. Hence, the people of India who are of above 18 years entitled with voting right. They can use their voting right and decide the government.
Election ID serves primarily as an identity proof for citizens while casting their votes. Here is a few useful information which will help you understand how to apply for voter id card in Karnataka.
The Online method:
- In the online method one just needs to visit the election commission official website which is, www.NVSP.in (National Voter's Service Portal ) and click on the field apply for registration for new user.
- One can click on it and it will drive him to form no. 6. This form is available in English as well as Hindi Language.not in other Languages like Tamil ,Malayalam,Telungu,Gujarati.
- One needs to fill in the form with all the relevant details without any error.
- Then he needs to submit the concerned proofs such as Id proof, photographs, and address proof.
- Before clicking on the submit button one must check the details. After confirming the details as error free, one needs to submit it.
Visit the Karnataka state Election office in your area and ask for the form no.6. The printed form number 6 is provided which one needs to fill the details in.
After all the necessary checking of the details, one can visit the office personally and submit the form with all the necessary documents.
Benefits of applying online for Election Card/Voter ID Card:
- Comfort: This is the biggest advantage of the online application process. Now, you do not have to travel to the electoral office in your constituency to obtain the form. With the process going online, prospective voters can do away with this inconvenience. They are now able to download the relevant form and fill it up in the comfort of their homes.
- Track Voter ID Status : This is another advantage of applying for an election card/voter ID online. You can easily track your voter ID status online. Once you submit the form, you will start receiving regular updates on the status of your application.
- Quick processing : The application process moves faster when you apply online. Applying online would mean your voter ID would be delivered to your doorstep in a month's time, as opposed to the regular application process which would take much longer.
Eligibility to apply for voter ID card in Karnataka
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
Applicant must have permanent address in Karnataka
Applicant must be enrolled in the voter list of Karnataka
Documents required to applying for voter ID card in Karnataka
Latest Passport Sized Photograph
Age proof (Any one of the following)
High School Certificate / SSLC Marks Sheet
Address proof (Any one of the following)
Telephone bill or Electricity bill