Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad yesterday launched e-Sampark website which will work as a platform to pass on messages to the people and also receive messages from people. Till now government was using social media to address people's issues.
Launched the eSampark portal https://t.co/zw79yhIpL3. It will improve govt communications with citizens.— Ravi Shankar Prasad (@rsprasad) May 30, 2016
e-Sampark is a mechanism to connect the government directly with citizens across India by running mailer, outbound dialing and SMS campaigns. From launch till now through e-Sampark 210 campaigns have already been conducted and 89.46 crore emails have also been sent.
The e-sampark portal goes online now https://t.co/LpdpbC3o6x. It says nearly 90 Cr e-mailers sent out to citizens by Modi Govt so far! woah!— Aman Sharma (@AmanKayamHai_ET) May 30, 2016
The platform is used for sharing informational and public service messages. The concept of e-Sampark has been introduced to establish proactive communication by digitisation of campaigns.
The multi-faceted platform facilitates not only seamless communication between the government and citizens, but also maintains a database of contacts of the nodal officers, representatives and citizens. In addition, users can also view the previous campaigns conducted.
Digital India (@_DigitalIndia) May 30, 2016
e-Sampark signifies the essence of Digital India. It enables the government to communicate with the citizens about several programs and initiatives.
1. Provision for sending informational and public service messages in the form of mailers, SMSs and outbound dialing to citizens, elected representatives and government employees through customised user lists
2. Similarly, SMSs can also be sent to a customised user-base using the application
3. Extensive database of elected representatives and government officials that is updated periodically
4. Provision for updating the database either individually or through bulk upload
5. Provision of a Dashboard showing nodal officers the campaign analytics i.e. number of mailers and SMSes sent, percentage read, percentage of forwards, URL clicks etc.
6. Provision for individual users to subscribe to the "e-Sampark" database. By subscribing to a list, a user gives his/her consent to receive mailers and SMSes from the Government. The user can unsubscribe from the list at any time.
1. Extensive structured database of government officials (of both Central and State governments) for sending official information
2. Information, alerts, draft policies etc. can be shared with customised user base thereby improving the efficiency of the communication
3. Information dissemination of existent or proposed policy/decision of the Government and new schemes to be launched
4. Increased awareness among the citizens by sharing urgent alerts of national or public interest and government updates