AAP rift: Why removing party veterans Yogendra, Bhushan will take toll on Arvind Kejriwal
People may not have thought till one month ago that Aam Aadmi Party whom they supported overwhelmingly in Delhi Assembly election , will become like this. It seems rift within the party is getting nastier day by day and crisis will not get over soon.
Both the warring camps (Arvind Kejriwal and Yogendra Yadav) are adamant on their position and trying their best to prove others wrong. Various allegations and counter allegations are coming to fore from both the camps.
Reportedly, party chief Arvind Kejriwal is adamant that both must be shown the door from the national executive. Earlier, both the founding members and rebel leaders were thrown out of party's top political body PAC unceremoniously .
Yadav, Bhushan may be sacked
Reportedly, Yadav and Bhushan may be sacked within a couple of days now. Amidst this wrangling, it is must to analyze whether rookie AAP can afford to lose both the founding members whose mettle is well known to everyone. After silencing these two dissenting voices, will Arvind Kejriwal get free hand to take decisions?
Here is the dissection of how these rebel leaders could damage party's future prospects.
Who is Prashan Bhushan?
- Well known Supreme Court lawyer, who with the help of PILs exposed many of the scams.
- One of the founding members of the party who is with Arvind Kejriwal since Jan Lokpal days.
Can party ill-afford him?
- Arvind Kejriwal-led party will definitely feel the heat if this lawyer-turned-politician will be sacked.
- Bhushan is the man who helped Kejriwal don the image of anti-crusader.
- Prashant Bhushan used to file PILs against important scams and handed over the important documents to Arvind Kejriwal.
- AAP chief then used to call up press conferences to expose the whole matter publicly.
- Bhushan's image is like one who took cudgel against corruption, so any tough action against him will hurt the party's image.
Bhushan can open can of worms
- As he is in the party since the day AAP came to existence, Bhushan is well aware of all the small details and developments within the party.
- If removed, disgruntled Bhushan can expose many deep secrets of the party.
- Can bad mouth about many of the party leaders which can further damage the image of party.
Who is Yogendra Yadav?
- He is popular psephologist and political expert. Have honest and clean image.
- With his eloquent nature and soft spoken skill, he has been face of the party in the media.
- As he is a psephologist and master strategist, so with the help of research he can tell what will work in favour of the party or what will go against it.
How he can harm?
- If removed, he will go to people saying he has been removed for raising voice against Arvind Kejriwal
- Yadav will garner emotional support as people know that he was asking for democratic process in the party, which didn't augur well to the AAP chief.
- If shown the door, sulking Yadav may not leave single stone unturned to malign Arvind Kejriwal and his loyalists.
How both will fare after their exit from AAP?
- It is not that these two (Yadav, Bhushan) leaders will not face any heat after AAP will close the door for them.
- They won't have any option to join mainstream parties like BJP or Congress as both had opened cudgel against these political outfits in the past.
How will Kejriwal benefit?
- After the exit of these two dissenters, Arvind Kejriwal will definitely feel a big sigh of relief.
- After their removal, a straight message will go to all the party workers that rebel voices have no place in the party.
- Kejriwal's position within the party will further get strengthened. He will be 'all in all' who can take any decision 'fair or unfair', and nobody will dare to ask anything.
- Only one thing which will be in the interest of the party after their (Yogendra, Bhushan) removal, i.e, crisis may end for the moment which is seriously needed as party cannot afford image erosion at this crucial juncture when party is preparing ground to go national.