- #Car Bomb AttackSomalia: Car bomb explodes outside presidential palace
- #Car Bomb AttackAfghanistan: Car Bomb kills at least 50, over 100 injured near girls' school in Kabul
- #Car Bomb AttackSomalia: Car bomb leaves over 20 dead in Mogadishu
- #Car Bomb AttackTaliban claim suicide car bombing in west Kabul, nearly 100 wounded
- #Car Bomb Attack‘Ahmedadulla, Ahmedadulla,’ let us trigger India’s first remote bomb
- #Car Bomb AttackPathankot: Manhunt on to trace suspicious men, car owner traced, say police
- Technology Broadcom To Acquire VMware For $61 Billion; Third Largest Tech Deal In History
- Sports RCB vs RR IPL 2022 Qualifier 2: Jos Buttler, Prasidh, McCoy carry Rajasthan to final, to meet GT
- Movies Rubina Dilaik On Doing Khatron Ke Khiladi 12: Abhi Koi Daily Soap Nahi Tha Mere Paas, What Would I Do At Home?
- Finance Emkay Global Gives A Buy Call To This Maharatna Stock For A Potential Gain Of 27.3%
- Automobiles Top 10 Best Selling 6-seater/7-seater UVs In April 2022
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Lifestyle Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Don't let your car insurance expire! Driving a car with an expired car insurance policy is a punishable offence as per The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. An expired car insurance policy is considered invalid by car insurance companies. Thus, you won't have any car insurance cover till the time you renew the expired policy. Renewing car insurance used to be a tedious process, but not anymore. Now, you can buy or renew car insurance online in a convenient manner through your laptop, desktop, tablet, or mobile phone. Read ahead to know 5 easy steps for online car insurance renewal.
Step 1 - Select Your Insurer
Just because you had purchased your car insurance policy from a particular insurer doesn't mean you need to renew your policy with the same insurance company. You are free to choose a different insurance company while renewing car insurance.
Review your existing insurance company based on the price and coverage of your car insurance policy. Consider whether the service offered while purchasing the policy and during the policy period was worth the money. You can simply visit different insurers' websites, fill the details, and check if there's a better policy on offer.
For example, Acko General Insurance is a new-age company that offers low-priced car insurance policies without compromising on the coverage offered. You can buy or renew your car insurance from www.acko.com within two minutes! From one-hour pick up of damaged vehicle to 3-day doorstep delivery of repaired car, Acko's claim settlement process is cashless and convenient.
You can speak to friends and family to know if they are a policyholder of your preferred car insurance company and get their feedback. Checking user reviews on social media handles of the insurance company can also give you an insight regarding their customer-friendly quotient. Once you select your insurer, you just have to follow the user-journey on their website to renew your car's insurance policy.
Step 2 - Fill the Details
Your car insurance premium is primarily based on factors such as its make-model-variant, age, claims history, and your location. Fill in these details to move ahead in the purchase journey. If you are continuing with your existing insurance company, these details might be auto populated by the website after you login.
Step 3 - Choose Your Plan
It is suggested to opt for a Comprehensive car insurance policy as it includes the mandatory Third-party Liability cover as well as insures your car against accidents, calamities, and theft. You can also strengthen your plan by selecting relevant Add-on covers such as Zero Depreciation.
Selecting an Add-on enhances your car's insurance cover but it increases your car's insurance premium as well. Therefore, be judicious while selecting an Add-on. For example, there is no need to purchase a Passenger Cover Add-on if you drive alone.
Car insurance companies offer a No Claim Bonus (NCB) to policyholders on car insurance renewal provided they haven't raised a claim during the policy period. If you are eligible for such a discount, make sure that it is included in your car insurance renewal quote. You can thus compare car insurance online, read the inclusions and exclusions of the plan thoroughly and get your doubts cleared with the company's executives via call or email before making the payment.
Step 4 - Make the Payment
You can make the payment for car insurance renewal via different options such as Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Online Wallets, etc. You will receive your car insurance policy in your registered email inbox within minutes after making the payment.
Step 5 - Review the Policy Document
The soft copy of your car insurance policy is a valid document. Verify its contents to ensure that all the details are in place. If there is any discrepancy with regards to your car's details or the policy's coverage, you can get it changed easily. However, do not drive your car knowing that the details mentioned in the policy document are incorrect. Get such details rectified at the earliest.
Don't Miss the Renewal Date
You can renew car insurance online in a matter of minutes. Do not procrastinate, renew your car insurance before its expiry date. If you apply to renew your car insurance policy days after your expiry date, it will be considered as a break-in policy. Car insurance companies might want to inspect your vehicle in case of a break-in policy. This can lead to an increase in car insurance premium.
If you do not renew your car insurance for more than 90 days after its expiry date, you shall lose your accumulated NCB (if any). Your NCB will reset to zero and you will miss out on the discount. Thus, it is a good practice to renew your car insurance policy in advance and not miss the renewal date.