Get Updates
Get notified of breaking news, exclusive insights, and must-see stories!

Bengaluru Power Cut Today: Is Your Area Facing Electricity Disruptions? BESCOM Issues Updates

Several residents across Bengaluru took to social media to report power outages on Wednesday, prompting responses from Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM). Complaints about electricity disruptions surfaced from different parts of the city, with residents seeking immediate restoration updates.

One of the complaints came from X user Vishavjeet Singh, who tagged BESCOM regarding a power outage in Sonnenhalli near KR Puram. The resident said there had been no electricity for over an hour and requested an update on restoration work.

AI Summary

AI-generated summary, reviewed by editors

Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) responded to multiple power outage reports from Bengaluru residents on Wednesday, registering complaints with docket numbers and confirming resolutions by field officials for disruptions in areas like Sonnenhalli and Doddanekundi.
Bengaluru Power Cut Today Electricity Disruptions Reported Across City What Did BESCOM Say

In response, BESCOM said a complaint had been registered under "A category" with Docket Number 101200526245993 and informed the user that the matter had been forwarded to the concerned subdivision. A few hours later, BESCOM posted another update stating that, according to confirmation from the Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer, the issue had been resolved. The agency also asked the resident to revert if the power supply had not yet returned.

Another complaint was raised by Hari Mohan Varshney, who reported a power outage near PES Public School on Begur Main Road. The resident requested BESCOM to share the expected restoration time for the affected area.

BESCOM acknowledged the complaint and confirmed that a service request had been registered under Docket Number 101210526263081. The electricity provider later updated that the issue had been resolved following confirmation from field officials.

Meanwhile, another resident, Dinesh Mahto, highlighted the urgency of a separate outage while tagging BESCOM online. In his post, the resident said there was no electricity in Balaji Enclave, Doddanekundi, and appealed for immediate restoration, mentioning that a baby was crying because of the disruption.

Responding to the complaint, BESCOM registered another "A category" docket, numbered 101210526269632, and said the issue had been escalated to the concerned subdivision. The utility provider also expressed regret for the inconvenience caused to consumers.

The latest complaints come amid recurring reports of localised power disruptions in Bengaluru, especially during periods of rain and increased electricity demand. BESCOM frequently uses its official social media accounts to respond to complaints, provide docket numbers and update residents about restoration work.

Residents facing electricity supply issues can contact BESCOM through the 1912 helpline or raise complaints via the utility provider's official social media channels.

Notifications
Settings
Clear Notifications
Notifications
Use the toggle to switch on notifications
  • Block for 8 hours
  • Block for 12 hours
  • Block for 24 hours
  • Don't block
Gender
Select your Gender
  • Male
  • Female
  • Others
Age
Select your Age Range
  • Under 18
  • 18 to 25
  • 26 to 35
  • 36 to 45
  • 45 to 55
  • 55+