Hyderabad, Aug 11: The Hyderabad Police have left no stone unturned ain terms of security ahead of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's mega youth rally, Nava Bharat Yuva Bheri, scheduled at the Lal Bahadur Stadium here on Sunday.
According to local police sources, 3,000 policemen will be deployed in and around the stadium while a bullet-proof vehicle will be provided to the leader and four more vehicles for his chief security officer and officer on special duty. The security personnel will accompany Modi from Gujarat.
Preparations for the meeting are in full swing. Senior BJP leaders M Venkaiah Naidu, Bandaru Dattatreya and others took stock of the arrangements in the stadium ahead of the mega rally. The leaders expect over a lakh people turning up at the meeting.
The BJP leaders also reviewed the recurity arrangements at the venue. Atwo separate entranceswere made for women participants for the BJP leadership is expecting more women activists. The stadium's capacity is 35,000 but yet the BJP has issued over a lakh passes for participation.
1. The police imposed traffic restrictions and diversions between 2 pm and 7 pm because of the rally. Vehicles will not be allowed towards the BJR statue and will be diverted to the direction of Namapally or Ravindra Bharati.
2. Traffic coming from places like Abids will not be allowed towards the BJR statue and Basheerbagh and will be diverted towards Chapel Road.
3. Vehicles coming from Basheerbagh junction and heading to GPO and Abids will be diverted at Basheerbagh Junction to move towards Hyderguda and King Koti.
4. Vehicles coming from Rajmohalla Road towards old MLA Quarters will be diverted at Cemetery Junction towards places like Narayanaguda and King Koti.
5. Vehicles coming from Liberty towards Basheerbagh Junction will be diverted at Liberty Junction to the direction of Himayatnagar.
6. Vehicles coming from Hill Fort will be diverted at Old PCR Junction towards Namapally.