Delhi: Film-maker electrocuted; owners out on bail

Posted By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, July 23: Anand Bhaskar Morla, a 33-year-old documentry film-maker, was electrocuted, on Saturday afternoon, when the left rear door of his Tata Nano car which he was holding touched the building's gate.

The tragic incident took place in South Delhi's Sri Aurobindo Market located in Green Park. Morla, a resident of Saket, had gone for shopping with his wife Supriya, 3-year-old son and his grandmother-in-law.

He received fatal electric shock from high-voltage current connected to an air-conditioner perched on an iron railing outside a jewellery store.

When his devastated family tried to admit him to the nearest Safdarjung hospital, that is just a five-minute drive from South Delhi, it took almost half-an-hour to reach there due to water-logged roads and traffic jams.


Morla's bereaved wife said, "Precious minutes were wasted and when the doctors finally attended to him they presented a grim picture.Even at the hospital I kept looking for someone to help me. No one came forward."

Morla's friend, Amit Bhargava said his friend was denied medical care by AIIMS and Safdarjung hospitals when they rushed him there.

After loosing his father at a young age, Morla completed a film-making course from Paris and had executed projects for, BBC and Fixer at Gédéon Programmes, Paris, France.

Accused shop owners arrested

On Saturday, Delhi police registered a case of death due to negligence at the Safdurjung Enclave police station.

According to HT report, the shop-owners, the father-son duo, Kamlesh Bansal and Dhruv Dhawan Bansal, were arrested on Monday after police investigation revealed that wires from the compressors of three split ACs, installed near the gate in their shop, caused the electrocution.

As the case comes under bailable offence, the duo have been released.

OneIndia News

(With Agency inputs)

Please Wait while comments are loading...