Death well: 3 die inhaling poisonous gas

Posted By: PTI
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mathura, June 26: Three villagers, including a father-son duo, reportedly died after inhaling poisonous gas when they went inside a well to fetch a utensil that had fallen into it in Tentigaon village, police said today.

The incident took place when the victims were trying to take out the utensil that had fallen into the well at Jatav Basti in Tentigaon village yesterday, said police. "Jeevan Devi was washing clothes at the well when her utensil fell into the water. When she cried for help, Pappu (40) went inside the well to take it out," said police.

"When he did not come out and gave no response, another villager Suresh (38) also descended into the well," said police. "When he, too, did not give any response, Pappu's son Sushil (20)  went into the well, but he, too, did not come out", police said. "Finally, two more villagers, Gyanendra and Sriniwas, went into the well with the help of a rope, but they felt uneasy midway and were pulled out," police said.

The villagers then pulled out Pappu, Suresh and Sushil out of the well with the help of a rope and hook. They were rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared them dead.


Please Wait while comments are loading...