According to reports, one person manged to save his life as he had gone out to bring tea. However, when he went out he locked the rolling shutter.
'According to initial information, seven workers worked throughout the night as the company had to send a large consignment of seats to Dubai on Monday. Hence, they slept in the early hours of Monday. One of them went out to bring tea and thereby his life was saved. Unfortunately he had to lock the rolling shutter before he went out as the godown was stocked fully,' a fire officer was quoted as saying.
When the fire broke out, one of the workers who was sleeping near the door tried to escape, he found that the door was locked from outside. 'Five persons were seen in lying down position, completely charred, while another body was found near the entrance which had a rolling shutter and was closed from the front,' he said.
The fire broke out at 5: 30 am. It was too late by the time the fire tenders reached the spot. 11 fire fighters were employed to put out the fire in the godown which measured 75 feet by 60 feet.
Even as such a major accident took place, the proprietor of SR Seating Systems Pvt Ltd was no where to be seen.