The confusion over the decision began when Manish Sisodia, a crucial aide to Kejriwal, had earlier announced that the political party's name will be announced on Nov 6. However, the team released the vision document of the party clarifying the strategy, code of conducts, party constitution, manifesto of the party and selection procedures of party candidates.
Here are the highlights of the vision document released by Kejriwal and team:
- Arvind Kejriwal's party is not a political party but a political revolution.
- No MP and MLA will use red light cars meant for VIPs.
- The MPs and MLAs of Kejriwal's party will also not take bungalows and security.
- The vision document supports reservations of suppressed communities like the Dalits, Scheduled Tribes and other backward class.
- Kejriwal promised to bring Jan Lokpal Bill within ten days if they win elections.
- Any people can make complaints against any corrupt leaders.
- All expenditure will be put on the party's website immediately in order to maintain transparency.
While speaking about his party and strategies, Kejriwal on Tuesday said, "I will fight elections. The people of this country will be a part of electoral politics now. It's not my party but it's for the people of this country."
"I won't think about win or loss, but fight. I have to answer the next generation," added Kejriwal. [Read: Full text of of the vision document]