Download Google Plus iPhone app: Review, Hands-on
Google said that they are working to launch Google+ apps for other iOS devices, namely iPad and iPod Touch. It seems like Google wants to popularize the new social network before its 'Grand Public Release'. Google has not yet announced the launch date of Google Plus that is currently in filed trial stage and members can join only through invites.
Industry analysts opinionated that the launch of iPhone app will boost the 'Google+ Wildfire'. According to reports, Google Plus has crossed more than 10 million users in less than two weeks and now it's speeding towards 20 million user mark.
Google+ iPhone app Features:
* Better support for blocking unwanted messages in Huddle
* Better support for attaching photos to a post
* Various bug fixes and performance improvements
If your Google Plus iPhone app doesn't work, please do the following:
* Click on the gear icon on the top left of your App's homescreen and look right above the Help button, the version number of the App should be: 22.214.171.1249
* If that is not the version number, then please uninstall and reinstall from iTunes Store.
Google+ iPhone app Merits:
* Users will get notifications for updates
* See notifications of posts and comments without firing up the app
* Upload photos directly form phone
* Huddle group chat
Google+ iPhone app Demerits:
* No video chat option, ie no Hangouts on mobile
* Circle management is tedious job with long list of contacts