Facebook Video Chat: How to start, Tips & Tricks
Facebook announced the launch video chat service just a week after Google revealed the Google+ social networking site. Even though Google has restricted the access to Google+, critics praised its 'Hangouts' feature that lets video calling with more than ten friends at a time. Now, Facebook replied the Google+ with the new video calling service with the help of Skype.
The Facebook video calling features is currently available in India. So, it's your turn to check it out. Here are the tips and tricks to set-up video chat on Facebook.
- Webcam - If you and your friend both have webcams and microphones set up, you will be able to see and hear each other in real time. If you call friends who don"t have webcams, they"ll be able to see and hear you but you"ll only be able to hear them.
- You will be asked to complete the setup the first time you try to call a friend, or the first time a friend tries to call you. To call a friend, click the video icon at the top of your chat window.
- Simply click the “Set Up" button and follow the instructions for how to set up video calling on your browser.
- Once you"ve successfully completed the setup, the call you"ve started with your friend should connect automatically. If it doesn"t, you can call again by clicking the video icon at the top of your chat window.
- Video calling works best with the latest versions of the following browsers - Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer.
- Video calling for Linux is not currently supported.
- Visit your friend"s profile and click the “Call" button in the top right corner. If you and your friend are already chatting, you can also click the video icon at the top of your chat window.
- When your friend answers, you may have to wait a moment for your call to connect before the video call begins. If your friend hasn"t set up video calling yet, you"ll be asked to wait until the setup is complete.
- If your friend is unavailable, you can leave a video message. The time and date of your missed call will be listed in your ongoing message history with your friend.
- To end a video call, just close the video window.
- The date of each call you make and receive appears within your ongoing conversation history in Facebook Messages.
- Only your confirmed friends can call you on Facebook.
- If you want to make yourself unavailable for video calling and chat - Click the settings icon in the right corner of the chat list, Click "Available to Chat" to remove the check mark.
- If you want to block a friend or group of friends from calling or chatting with you
We hope these steps will help you to set-up video calling on Facebook. So, Happy Video Facebooking! Stay tuned to get more tips and tricks on Facebook and Google+ as well.