Woman charred while cooking food, husband seriously injured

Posted By: Pti
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Kanpur, Feb 18 (PTI) A woman was charred to deathafter her clothes caught fire while her husband received burninjuries during his attempt to save her at their residence inBarra area in Gujaini here today, police said.

Suman''s sari caught fire when she was cooking food andher husband Pramod Singh suffered serious burn injuries whenhe tried to save her, the police said.

Both were rushed to a nearby hospital by theirneighbours, where Suman later died, they said.

Their two children were not at home at the time of theincident.

The body has been sent for postmortem and furtherprobe is on in the matter, the police added.

Please Wait while comments are loading...